Zimbabwe will go ahead with their third and final one-day international against Pakistan on Sunday at the Gaddafi Stadium despite security concerns after a suicide bomber blew himself up close to the stadium on Friday night during the second ODI.”The incident hasn’t affected the tour and Zimbabwe will play its last match of the tour as planned,” PCB spokesman Agha Akbar told The Associated Press on Saturday.Akbar also said that all the tickets for Sunday’s game have been sold out and a crowd of around 27,000 is expected.Zimbabwe team spokesman Lovemore Banda confirmed the team would go ahead with the game.He said in a statement that “capital city police officer Amin Vaince said what occurred was a cylinder blast which killed two people and their forensics experts are examining remains from the explosion to ascertain the cause.”Information minister Pervez Rashid told Geo TV that a police officer was killed and six were wounded when a suicide bomber blew himself up, nearly one kilometer from the stadium.PCB’s chief operating officer Subhan Ahmed accompanied Vaince for a meeting with Zimbabwe officials and players at the team hotel on Saturday, reassuring them that efficient security measures would be in place.”He (Vaince) assured the travelling party of continued safety on the tour, and said the fact that the blast occurred outside their red zone means that the security measures put in place for the tour were not breached,” Banda said.A loud explosion was heard inside the stadium, but the game didn’t stop as Pakistan won it by six wickets and took an unassailable 2-0 lead.Initially, police claimed the explosion was caused by electric transformer, in an apparent bid to avoid panic inside the stadium where at least 20,000 spectators were watching the game.Thousands of policemen had been deployed outside the stadium and spectators had to endure several checkpoints while waiting in long queues hours before the start of the day/night matches at 4:00 p.m. local time (1100 GMT).Zimbabwe is the first test-playing nation to tour Pakistan in six years since gunmen attacked on Sri Lanka team bus — also in Lahore — in 2009.Seven police officials and a van driver were killed during the ambush while wounding several Sri Lanka players.Eager to avoid a repeat of that incident and push the case for a full return of international cricket to the country, Pakistan’s government has provided VIP-level security to Zimbabwe’s team.A fleet of security vans with armed gunmen shield the team buses during their travel from hotel to the stadium. Zimbabwe arrived on May 19 to play two Twenty20s and three ODIs.The International Cricket Council has given official status to the series, but declined to send its match officials to Pakistan due to security concerns.
Fiorentina conquered the pass to the quarterfinals of the Italian Cup beating Atalanta 2-1. The Viola managed to win the Nerazzurri thanks to the first goal of the newly signed Patrick Cutrone and another of the Spanish Pol Lirola, who canceled the tie signed by Josip Ilicic despite the numerical inferiority of the Tuscans for the red card that Pezzella saw. Throughout the confrontation, Atalanta coach Gian Piero Gasperini received many insults from the stands of Franchi. His response to the attitude of the fan viola at a press conference is causing a stir in Italy: “I never insulted anyone, but they told me several times ‘son of a bitch’: my mother lived the war to give these idiots the right to speak. “ The coach was even more blunt shortly after: “They really are ‘motherfuckers’. This lack of education cannot be accepted”.
Why earn 80 million euros and can earn 400? Teams from the Netherlands and Belgium have raised that issue to their respective federations with a proposal that, if carried out, will revolutionize European football from 2025. Six clubs of the Eredivisie (Ajax, PSV, AZ Alkmaar, Utrecht, Feyenoord and Vitesse) and five of the Jupiler Pro League (Genk, Bruges, Gent, Anderlecht and Standard Liege) have commissioned the consultant Deloitte a report to calculate the impact economic that would unify both leagues in a single competition and the conclusion is that a future Beneliga would generate about 400 million euros for television rights. Currently, both do not reach 80 million in revenue from the retransmissions of their parties.This merger would make the new competition the sixth most economically powerful league in the continent, behind LaLiga, Premier, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1, something that, in theory, would cause a level rise in Dutch and Belgian football that, in turn, would have an impact on the participation of clubs from both countries in continental tournaments. Ajax and Bruges, for example, have asked several times in recent years for more prominence in the Champions League for minor league clubs since today, the Eredivisie and Jupiler Pro champions have to play the previous one. In fact, the Dutch champion is one of the most positioned clubs in favor of the creation of a new Super League or, failing that, the reform of the European Cup. “We cannot ignore the new reality. Sooner or later, there will be a European Super League with matches between Bayern and Madrid on Sundays.”, Said Bart Verhaeghe, sports director of Bruges to the newspaper Kicker. The proposed project consists of a league of 18 teams (ten from the Netherlands and eight from Belgium) with an independent ascent and descent system, in which each country would have its own Second Division, being the champions of these those who replaced the last classified of each country in First the following season.For Beneliga to come true, the agreement of all First and Second clubs of both countries is needed, something that seems difficult since teams like Sparta Rotterdam and Twente, among others, have already positioned themselves against. Even so, the approach of the eleven clubs involved in the project is that the new competition begins to be played from 2025, so there is room to maneuver and reach possible agreements in the future.
Hugo Lloris wants to play in the Champions League not the Europa League 1 If Hugo Lloris leaves Tottenham then expect tears from the White Hart Lane faithful.The latest round of transfer rumours claims the goalkeeper will consider his future at the end of the season, which is unlikely to sit well.Lloris is apparently keen to play in the Champions League, however, once again it looks unlikely Tottenham will qualify for the competition.He has been one of the club’s best players since arriving from Lyon in 2012, so a number of supporters were understandably upset when the rumour surfaced…
Aberdeen have announced that they have “reluctantly” granted permission to Sunderland to speak to their manager Derek McInnes.The Black Cats have been targeting McInnes to replace David Moyes, who left in the wake of their relegation to the Championship last season.The statement issued by the Scottish Premier League side read: “The club can confirm that early this afternoon Sunderland FC agreed to meet all the contractual obligations for both Derek McInnes and (assistant) Tony Docherty and they have, reluctantly, been granted permission to speak with both of them about the vacant managerial position at Sunderland.“Aberdeen FC will be making no further comment at this moment in time.”McInnes re-emerged as the clear favourite to succeed Moyes after another prospective candidate, Garry Monk, was unveiled by north-east neighbours Middlesbrough in Monday.The 45-year-old led St Johnstone to the Scottish First Division title before taking Aberdeen to second place in the top-flight behind champions Celtic.McInnes still has two years of his contract to run at Pittodrie and Sunderland’s willingness to pay the reported £1million compensation overcomes a major obstacle to his appointment.But Aberdeen’s new major shareholder Dave Cormack has big plans for the club and is known to be desperate to convince his manager to stay.Any deal for McInnes is set to include the appointment of his long-term assistant Docherty, with Moyes’ number two Paul Bracewell set to leave the Stadium of Light.Any deal would provide a timely boost to the Black Cats who are resigned to losing goalkeeper Jordan Pickford. The 23-year-old is having a medical ahead of his £30million move to Everton. 1 The Black Cats have been seeking to replace the departed David Moyes
Since Kickboxing LK opening in January 2009 it has gone from strength to strength under the expert eye of commonwealth, european and two weight professional world kickboxing champion and professional mixed martial arts champion Tommy ‘The Ghost’ Mc Cafferty.The club, now entering its fifth year, has already created a few success stories with members losing mass amounts of weight, gaining confidence and even picking up a few irish titles along the way, the club currently boasts two senior Irish full contact champions in Letterkenny’s own Brian Crossan and Lifford native Ronnie Brennan.Although the club has had a lot of success on the competative circuit it’s not all about that side of things. Tommy believes the bulk of the clubs members are there to keep fit and loose weight. “We have a lot of people that compete and our junior team is one of the best in the country at the minute but I find the vast majority of our members don’t fight or have no intention of fighting they just enjoy the training,” he says.“At the club you can two birds with the one stone, you are getting fit and losing weight but you are also learning a very good skill set for self defence.“In the normal classes there is a lot of cardio,core-work and a lot of padwork with people burning 800+ calories in the hour,the normal classes has no contact as we keep fighters classes seperate so people can get the most out of their training no matter what their goal is,we give people the choice of getting weigh-ins, body fat measurements and nutritional advice so they can keep track of their progress towards their goals but this isn’t compulsory.“The atmosphere in the club is relaxed and fun but everyone pushes hard and encourages each other.” The martial art of Muay Thai has also arrived – with people travelling from all over the North West for classes.For further details check outwww.tommymccafferty.comwww.facebook.com/kickboxinglkKICKBOXING LK CELEBRATES FIVE YEARS…OF KICKS! was last modified: January 5th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:kickboxinglktommy mccafferty
The She Cranes on arrival at Entebbe Airport on Tuesday. (PHOTO/Courtesy)ENTEBBE – The Uganda National netball team, She Cranes returned to the country on Wednesday, 23rd July 2019.The team were coming back from the just concluded Netball World Cup in Liverpool, England where they finished 7th overall.They arrived at 2pm and were received by National Council of Sports Assistant General Secretary David Katende and Netball Vice President William Bwambale.Only captain Peace Proscovia who had to report back to her club side Sunshine Coast in Australia, was not part of the team on arrival at Entebbe International Airport.At the Netball World Cup, the She Cranes won 4 of their 8 matches to eventually finish 7th out of 16 teams. The 7th place finish is the highest they have ever achieved at the global showpiece, having finished 13th in 1979 and then 8th in 2015.The She Cranes finished 7th at the Netball World Cup.Upon arrival, it was communicated that the team would set off to meet the Minister of Education and Sports, Hon. Janet Museveni.Uganda at Netball World Cup 2019Preliminary stage one-England 64-32 Uganda-Uganda 69-48 Samoa-Uganda 52-43 ScotlandPreliminary Stage Two-Trinidad & Tobago 54-57 Uganda-South Africa 67-40 Uganda-Jamaica 57-39 UgandaPlacement-Malawi 55-44 Uganda-Zimbabwe 47-58 UgandaComments Tags: Netball World cup 2019she cranestop
A man was airlifted to hospital following an incident involving a quad bike. The incident occurred near Donegal Town yesterday.The Irish Coast Guard said it was alerted to the incident at approximately 2.30pm. The Irish Coast Guard explained that at approximately 2.30pm the Marine Rescue Sub Centre in Malin was alerted to a quad casualty incident involving a male.The incident took place to the east of Donegal Town in an area that was described as “inaccessible”.As a result, the R118 coast guard helicopter was dispatched to ‘medevac’ the casualty to Sligo airport for onward transportation to hospital by ambulance.His condition has not yet been released. Man hospitalised after accident on quad bike was last modified: May 17th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:accidentDonegal TownhospitalquadRESCUE 118
AC Milan plan to offer QPR £3m for Adel Taarabt, Sky Sport Italia have reported.Taarabt ended last season on loan at the Italian club and is desperate to join them on a permanent basis.And it is claimed that Kia Joorabchian, who has advised QPR on various transfer deals and acts as Taarabt’s representative, is due to meet Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani on Tuesday to discuss a potential deal.Rangers manager Harry Redknapp, who sold Taarabt to the R’s when he was Tottenham boss, has indicated that the player is determined to move on.Taarabt’s future is uncertain following his return to Rangers.Spurs would be entitled to a significant share of any transfer fee under the terms of the deal that took Taarabt to Loftus Road in the summer of 2010.For more transfer speculation, including ex-Chelsea man Lassana Diarra being linked with QPR, see Sunday morning’s Paper Talk.See also:QPR linked with Leicester City target and former Portsmouth starFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The National Trail-MVCTC FFA Chapters Advanced and Novice parliamentary procedure teams recently competed in the districts parliamentary procedure CDE contest at National Trail High School. The advanced team includes Mallory Nugent, Gracie Jones, Hunter Lee, Lily Carpenter, Erika Gallaher, Rachael Kimball and Macel Stowers. The novice team includes Raven Tout, Taylor Davis, Austin Knapp, Abbey Rodefer. Noah Phillips, Ricky Cole, Mark Armstrong, Trena Caldwell and Lila Pegg. The chapter is very proud of the team’s results and all the hard work they put into the preparation for this event as they now are state bound.This CDE requires FFA members to conduct a business meeting using parliamentary law according to the guidelines outlined in Robert’s Rules of Order. FFA members are also tested on their knowledge of parliamentary law. They are graded based on public speaking, official dress, completeness and accuracy, format of the secretary’s minutes, grammar, style and legibility.The two teams performed well during the sub districts contest as well at Eaton High School. The National Trail-MVCTC Novice Parliamentary Procedure team received the first award and the Advance Parliamentary Procedure Team received the second award which qualified them for the district contest. With their recent performance at district contest, National Trail- MVCTC FFA’s two parliamentary procedure teams will be heading to the state contest for a 3rd time within recent years.We encourage any FFA members as well as community members to attend our events and help make a difference in our community. The National Trail-MVCTC FFA Organization provides leadership, personal growth and career success training through agricultural education to over 160 student members at National Trail High School.