Met Eireann issue yellow rainfall warning for Donegal

first_img Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Met Eireann has issued a yellow rainfall warning for counties in the West tomorrow.It’s expecting heavy downpours tomorrow evening into the night and again on Tuesday.The counties affected include all of Connacht along with Donegal, Cork, Clare and Kerry. Twitter By News Highland – November 22, 2020 Pinterest Previous articleGardai remind shoppers of potential risks when buying onlineNext articleMissing person located following search in Dunkineely News Highland Twitter Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme DL Debate – 24/05/21 Met Eireann issue yellow rainfall warning for Donegal Google+center_img Homepage BannerNews WhatsApp WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Facebook News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Facebook Pinterest Google+last_img read more

Dangerous Cords

first_imgWinter is a time for hanging holiday lights and keeping warm and toasty. Both of these activities can involve using extension cords. To keep your family safe while being warm and festive, University of Georgia Cooperative Extension urges homeowners to check extension cords closely.Extension cords are rated for a certain load, but that limit is often overloaded by the use of adapters that allow you to plug in more appliances than the cord was designed to handle. Don’t exceed loadDuring cold weather, families may use small electric heaters to warm up small areas, like bathrooms. The average extension cord is rated at 1250 watts, but many heaters go up to 1500 watts. The average extension cord could easily overheat when used with a 1500-watt heater.Faulty extension cords cause 7,400 home fires in the U.S. annually, causing 80 deaths and 260 injuries. To protect your home and your family, inspect all your extension cords before use. Do they overheat? Are they worn, cracked, brittle, spliced, taped? Are they covered by rugs or carpets? Are they overloaded? If any of these conditions exist, unplug them or replace them to correct the problem. Do a whole-house checkFaulty extension cords are just one electrical fire hazard. Wall outlets, switches and electrical appliances can also cause fires and electrical shocks. To protect your home and family, conduct an annual electrical safety inspection of your home. Prevention is key to staying safe. For more advice from Extension experts, view free publications online at www.caes.uga.edu/publications.last_img read more