Some cast members of the famed series are in Lawrenceburg for charity. (Image: Warner Home Video)LAWRENCEBURG – Cast members from the Dukes of Hazzard will be at the Dearborn County Fairgrounds for a charity event this weekend.The event proceeds go toward the C.H.A.R.G.E Syndrome Foundation and to get Madison Carroll Kremer, 12, a lifetime membership.Madison is the daughter of Melvin Kremer, owner of Nite Out Transportation in Dearborn County. According to the event website, Madison is deaf, and cannot speak. With many surgeries in her life, the membership allows her to meet other children and adults suffering from the rare disease.Similar to other cast members of the iconic series, Catherine ‘Daisy Duke’ Bach went on to have a successful acting career and currently is on “The Young and the Restless” on CBS. She is taking time Saturday to come to Lawrenceburg for the charity event.“Can I just tell you how happy and blessed I feel to help. It is everything. It is the right use of visibility in my eyes. It is an honor for me to go and help out,” Bach said.Other cast members include Sonny ‘Enos’ Shroyer; James ‘Rosco’ Best; Rick ‘Cletus’ Hurst; Byron ‘Coy Duke’ Cherry; and Don Fedro ‘Sheriff Little’ Cooly.Saturday’s charity event features a meet-and-greet with the stars, a Daisy Duke look-a-like contest, Uncle Jessie’s Chili and Bean Soup cookoff contest and Flash the Basset Hound look-a-like.It will be held at the Dearborn County Fairgrounds in Lawrenceburg from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with gates opening at 8:00 a.m.General admission tickets are $10, children 5 and under are free, and senior citizens age 65 and older are $5.Tonight, James ‘Rosco’ Best will be doing his One Man Show, at Lawrenceburg High School Auditorium at 7:30 p.m., showing clips from shows and movies he has done and telling about his life throughout his 2 hour show. The show is exciting and family oriented! Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
PLAYA VISTA >> Don’t be surprised if the Clippers take the court with a mop and bucket instead of a basketball sometime in the next week.“We just want to clean everything up,” Clippers guard Chris Paul said.Everything, in this sense, doesn’t mean the floor and the windows. It means offense. It means defense. It means shooting. It means passing.It means everything. The Clippers are fifth in defensive rebounding percentage, a considerable area of emphasis in the preseason.But as Rivers would likely point out, those numbers don’t mean much either. The Clippers were among the best defensive rebounding teams last year in the exhibition season before it became a problem that plagued them for the rest of the season.“(We have to) constantly get better. We still have to execute a lot more stuff,” Clippers forward Wesley Johnson said. “We still need to start earlier. The second unit needs to start earlier running the offense, making sure everybody knows their spots in the rotation, where they need to be. But for the most part I think we got out of it where we need to grow as a team as far as rebounding on the defensive end, That’s the main focus.”The Clippers did enough to prove that they’re capable of doing the right things once the season starts Thursday. They just need to learn how to almost always show they’re capable.“Just like any professional team or any team in general, it’s about consistency,” Paul said. “That’s the thing I’m sure coach is going to harp on. We show, in spurts, that we can do it, but it’s about who does it the longest, the right way.”AlsoPaul Pierce sprained his ankle when he stepped on the foot of an ESPN sideline reporter before the game in Sacramento on Tuesday. “I don’t think it’s a bad one, but I don’t actually know,” Rivers said. “Ankles are ankles. Some heal in a day or two and some take two weeks.” … Luc Mbah a Moute missed Thursday’s practice with a right knee contusion. He’s expected to return before the season opener. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error While the Clippers split their six-game exhibition schedule, the numbers aren’t as forgiving. Their net rating, a statistic that measures the difference between points scored and points given up per 100 possessions is better than only Orlando and Philadelphia.Their shooting numbers were in the bottom half of the league, their turnovers were up and their overall defensive numbers weren’t especially encouraging.But Clippers coach Doc Rivers has thoughts about those 288 minutes of data: Doesn’t matter.“I think that’s fool’s gold,” Rivers said. “I’ll let everyone else do that stuff. No, I don’t (look at that stuff). I’ve never done that.”For those who are a believer in exhibition statistics and results (reminder: Cleveland went 1-6 in last year), one number implies the Clippers did clean up one particularly messy area.
Dallas Cowboys defensive back Orlando Scandrick has been suspended by the National Football League for testing positive for drugs, admitting that he ingested illicit narcotics during a vacation trip to Mexico.The ex-boyfriend of “Basketball Wives L.A.” star Draya Michele (or so she says they are split up) is banned from playing in the first four games of the 2014-15 regular season because he tested positive for PEDs. He said that his girlfriend at the time — we assume that it was Draya Michelle — convinced him to take a foreign substance for his benefit. He said it turned out to be “mollies.”Just how did he allow his gold-digging, bottom-feeding girlfriend to convince him to take a foreign substance is beyond most Cowboys fans and critics alike.Scandrick has already appealed the suspension and lost. His four-game ban is upheld.Scandrick is a significant blow for a Cowboys defense that ranked dead last in the NFL in 2013. Moreover, with defensive end DeMarcus Ware and defensive tackle Jason Hatcher leaving in the offseason, and linebacker Sean Lee out for the season with a devastating ACL tear, Scandrick leaves the Cowboys’ defense dangerously thin and they threaten to be even worse than last year.Scandrick was the Cowboys’ top cornerback last season and one of the team’s few bright spots on defense through the first two weeks of training-camp practices.Scandrick’s image and team leadership role are severely compromised as he was considered one of the team’s emotional leaders and well-respected among his defensive peers.Scandrick had just signed a five-year, $25 million contract extension before the start of the 2011 season. The 2013 extension added $9 million in guaranteed money.This was resultant from Scandrick’s dramatically improved play. He set career-highs last season for tackles (70), pass breakups (15) and interceptions (two). Last season, he ranked fifth on the team in tackles, second in pass breakups and third in interceptions.Worse, his competition for the starting defensive back position with Claiborne is finished. But Clairborne hasn’t finished a practice since July 29 while battling right knee tendinitis and he has battled injuries the past few seasons, opening the way for Scandrick’s emergence. He said he’s close to returning. Claiborne and Carr could be back in team drills this week.Yesterday, Scandrick released a statement following his suspension announcement through his agent. The agent also added a statement of his own. See what he and the agent have to say below: