ABC News(BARRON, Wis.) — Authorities say they have received over a thousand tips, and have thoroughly investigated more than 800 of them, in the desperate search for 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who is believed to be in danger.“We are using every resource available and have conducted hundreds of interviews, multiple searches, and are using the technical and forensic expertise of our state and federal resources to locate the person or persons who committed this offense and to locate Jayme,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said in a statement Saturday, which marks the sixth day since Jayme vanished.Investigators believe Jayme was abducted early Monday morning after her parents, James and Denise Closs, were shot dead in their home in Barron, Wisconsin.Someone called 911 from Denise Closs’ cellphone that morning just before 1 a.m. local time, and the 911 dispatcher heard “a lot of yelling,” according to records from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department obtained by ABC News. The dispatcher called the number back but was unable to leave a voicemail.More attempts were made, and the phone went unanswered. Authorities also tried calling the home’s landline but it was disconnected, records show.When authorities responded to the home minutes later, they found the front door kicked in and the couple had been shot to death.Their daughter, Jayme, was believed to be home when they were killed but had been abducted by the time authorities arrived.“An entire state has been racked with Jayme’s disappearance, and the death of her parents,” Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel said in a statement Thursday.The sheriff said bringing Jayme home is his “highest priority.” Investigators are “working around the clock” to cover leads, conduct interviews and analyze “an incredible amount of information” related to the case.“Every tip is important,” Fitzgerald said in the statement Saturday.An Amber Alert has been issued for Jayme. Anyone with information is asked to call the tip line at 1-855-744-3879.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Arsenal defender David Luiz admits he wants to go back to Benfica Luiz has hit the ground running for the Gunners (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal defender David Luiz has revealed he is looking forward to a ‘very special’ return to his former club Benfica before he hangs up his boots.The experienced centre-back was given his break in European football by the Portuguese club in 2007, before moving on to Chelsea in 2011.The 33-year-old has been a key part of Arsenal’s revival under Mikel Arteta following a difficult start to his Gunners career after his summer move from Chelsea.Former Manchester City coach Arteta admitted he can see the Brazil international becoming a manager in the future, but that might not be at a Premier League club.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTLuiz told SporTV: ‘I never lost my connection with Benfica, I have that in my heart, everybody knows I want to come back.‘I want to wear the Benfica shirt again and feel that sensation. The day I come back to the Estadio da Luz it is going to be very special, one of the greatest feelings of my life.’Read the latest updates: Coronavirus news live Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 22 Apr 2020 11:51 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link331Shares Comment Advertisement Luiz broke through at Benfica (Picture: Getty Images)Luiz has claimed league titles in England, France and Portugal, and the Champions League with Chelsea in 2012, but was initially hesitant to depart the club that handed him his first opportunity to shine.He added: ‘I was scared to leave Benfica, scared to start a new story.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal‘So Rui [Costa], the director of football, pulled me aside and talked to me. I was scared to bring my story at Benfica to a close, my love and the pleasure I had for living in that country and playing for Benfica.‘I told [Costa], ‘I don’t want to go, I want to stay, I want to stay.’ Rui told me something that touched my heart: ‘The doors will always be open for you. You need to show off your football to the whole world.”MORE: Mikel Arteta names his three favourite Arsenal midfield partnersMORE: Darren Bent slams ‘snake’ in Arsenal dressing room after Mesut Ozil exposedFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page.
University of South Florida college student Rachel Barcellona is trying to inspire others by going for the Miss Florida crown.The USF junior will make history as the first contestant with autism to compete in the Miss Florida pageant, which is part of the Miss America pageant system.Barcellona, who currently holds the title of Miss Manatee River, is confidently preparing to compete alongside 34 other women in Lakeland from June 24th to 29th.She will advocate for her platform, “Ability Beyond Disability,” to show others that “autism doesn’t hold me back.”Barcellona is also an advocate for autism awareness and is going to the White House in 2020 to lobby for amendments in the proposed Autism CARES Act of 2019.The proposed bill reportedly the primary source of federal funding for autism research, services, training, and monitoring.Ms. Barcellona will be on ‘The Joyce Kaufman Show’ with Karen Curtis on Friday, 6/14 at 10:35 a.m.