OnePlus One no longer Amazon exclusive, now available on Snapdeal

first_imgPutting an end to its exclusivity with Amazon India, Chinese start-up OnePlus on Friday announced the availability of its OnePlus One smartphone on Snapdeal. The OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black variant is now available on Snapdeal for Rs.21,998 and it’s invite-free. The phone is still also available on Amazon India, by the way.The move is not at all surprising since both Snapdeal and OnePlus had teased about the partnership via Twitter yesterday. However, there were speculations that the OnePlus 2 may be the one to break the exclusivity. As it turns out, it’s the One that does it.The OnePlus One 16GB Silk White variant is still an Amazon India exclusive though, at least for now.”We are excited to partner with Snapdeal to further expand the reach as well as the availability of the OnePlus One in India. Having sold over 250,000 units since launch, we are confident this move will help us deliver the OnePlus One to more customers across the country,” Vikas Agarwal, general manager – India, OnePlus, said.The OnePlus One – the original flagship killer – was launched last year in April. The phone comes with a 5.5-inch FullHD display and is powered by a Snapdragon 801 processor with 3GB RAM.The OnePlus One runs on Android Lollipop and sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with dualLED flash along with a 5-megapixel front camera. It is backed by a 3,100mAh battery.It is the predecessor to this year’s OnePlus 2, an Amazon exclusive at the moment. The OnePlus 2 is invite-free and retails at Rs.24,999 for the 64GB variant.advertisementAlso Read: OnePlus 2 reviewlast_img read more

Jets Stay With QB Fitzpatrick

first_imgNEW YORK — Ryan Fitzpatrick is still the New York Jets’ starting quarterback — and he expects that to remain the case for at least the near future.“Yeah,” Fitzpatrick said during a conference call Nov. 23. “I do think I’m the right man for the job.”Coach Todd Bowles said the Jets are sticking with Fitzpatrick despite the team losing four of its past five games after a 4-1 start to the season.While some fans and media suggested the Jets might have a quarterback controversy brewing after a 24-17 loss at Houston on Sunday, Bowles dismissed that entirely.In fact, the coach acknowledged that there was “not much” of a discussion by the team to perhaps switch to Geno Smith.“We went over the film like we always do and we judge everybody and we rate every player,” Bowles said. “(Fitzpatrick) came out and he missed some throws, but like everybody else, he did a lot of things and we did a lot of things wrong as a group that we have to correct.”Fitzpatrick threw interceptions to end each of the Jets’ last two drives Sunday. He has thrown for 2,199 yards and 16 touchdowns this season, but also has 11 interceptions. His 81.5 passer rating ranks him 27th in the NFL.“I don’t think a lot of throws are Ryan’s fault,” Bowles said. “When you have a quarterback, you have to look at the overall scheme, not just the quarterback and as far as things are getting done, and a lot of times we just need to get on the same page. I think Ryan made some good throws. I thought he made some bad ones as well.“But you don’t give up on a quarterback just like that, because overall what he’s done this year, he still proved he can do that going forward.”Fitzpatrick has also established himself as a leader on and off the field for the Jets, and his status in the locker room has not changed in the minds of his teammates.“It’s never been a question,” left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson said. “He’s definitely our leader.”Fitzpatrick is playing through a surgically repaired left thumb, which was originally injured at Oakland on Nov. 1. He said he had no problems with his non-throwing hand in his first game since having the operation to fix a torn ligament, so that hasn’t been an issue.Fitzpatrick also was fine after taking a hard shot in which his helmet was knocked off during a late touchdown run against the Texans.But the Jets’ offense has been inconsistent for several weeks, and Fitzpatrick’s play has been a large part of that.Still, Bowles has declined to turn to Smith, who entered training camp as the starter but lost his job when he was sidelined several weeks after then-teammate Ikemefuna Enemkpali broke his jaw with a punch. The Jets also have rookie Bryce Petty, who has lots of potential but is raw.Things started off well this season for Fitzpatrick, who got the Jets off to a 4-1 start. With a prolonged slump, New York’s playoff hopes appear to be dwindling, though — as questions increase as to whether Fitzpatrick can turn things around.“I think, at this point in my career, I’ve learned a ton, in all the situations I’ve been in,” said Fitzpatrick, in his 11th NFL season and on his sixth team. “I have no problem shouldering any blame that gets thrown my way, and all the blame that I deserve and don’t deserve.“I think I’m the right guy to get this thing going back in the right direction.”That all said, Fitzpatrick acknowledged that he hasn’t played well the past few games. But, neither has the offensive line.Or, the running game. Or, the secondary. And, so on.The point is, the Jets have plenty of issues to correct with a crucial stretch coming up where they can get themselves back in the playoff hunt. Next up: the struggling Miami Dolphins at home on Nov 30.And, Fitzpatrick will be right back under center — just as he expected. “Confidence is a lot of it,” Fitzpatrick said, “just getting some of that swagger back.”(DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Sports Writer)TweetPinShare0 Shareslast_img read more

2016 All Stars Launched

first_imgTouch Football Australia is excited to announce it will again be involved in the 2016 Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars concept. At today’s launch it was announced that Rugby League’s finest Indigenous players will clash with a new World All Stars team following a revamp of the Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars concept.NRL Head of Football, Todd Greenberg today announced that next year’s match, to be played on Saturday, 13 February at Suncorp Stadium, will feature the Indigenous All Stars against the newly-termed World All Stars.Touch Football will again feature at the event next year after debuting in 2015. Touch Football Australia Chief Executive Officer, Colm Maguire said the organisation is looking forward to again be involved.  “We are excited to be included in this wonderful initiative which will celebrate the outstanding contribution of our indigenous community to the game,” Maguire said. “We are looking forward to a new format and another exciting competition between the Indigenous All Stars and an All Star team made up from across the country.”Stay tuned to the TFA website in the coming weeks for all of the latest information on the Touch Football All Stars game and voting processes. To read about today’s launch, please click here – http://www.nrl.com/indigenous-all-stars-to-clash-with-world/tabid/10874/newsid/90755/default.aspx Tickets to the 2016 Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars match are on sale now. To purchase your tickets, head to www.nrl.com/tickets.Related Links2016 All Starslast_img read more