Suzuki cars back in South Africa

first_img27 February 2008Japan’s Suzuki Motor Corporation has announced that it will resume selling its range of cars on the South African market from June, after an absence of four years, and has established a subsidiary company, Suzuki Auto South Africa, to act as its importer and distributor.While an agreement to distribute Suzuki vehicles through General Motors’ dealer network came to an end in 2004, the company says feasibility studies indicated that an expanded range of vehicles being sold by a dedicated dealership network would be well received in South Africa.In a statement earlier this month, Suzuki said the projected growth in the South African economy, and particularly automotive sales, had also prompted it to establish a subsidiary company in the country.“Suzuki Auto South Africa has been jointly established between Suzuki Motor Corporation, who owns 85% of the equity in the newly formed company, and Suzuki South Africa, the authorised importer and distributor of Suzuki motorcycles and outboard motors,” the statement reads.Kazuyuki Yamashita, who has been involved in sales and marketing in several international positions with Suzuki Motor Corporation, has been appointed MD for Suzuki Auto South Africa.“We are confident that the Suzuki automotive brand will do very well in the South African market and are looking forward to introducing the exciting Suzuki Swift hatchback, SX4 Crossover Vehicle, Jimny and Grand Vitara range of Sport Utility Vehicles to this market during 2008,” Yamashita said.“We intend to expand the model line-up during 2009 through importing strategic models from international assembly plants.”He added that dealerships would be established in most of South Africa’s major centres by mid-year, and that the buying public could expect to see the first Suzuki vehicles on the showroom floors by June.SAinfo reporter Want to use this article in your publication or on your website?See: Using SAinfo materiallast_img read more

Dhoni warns hot-headed Sreesanth

first_imgIndian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has warned temperamental seamer S. Sreesanth, who has often been accused of on-field arguments with the rival players, to cut out the hotheaded theatrics during the World Cup. Dhoni was left unimpressed by trouble-prone Sreesanth’s latest antics during India’s victory on New Zealand in a warm up match on Wednesday. Sreesanth had fired a verbal volley at Kiwi opener Brendon McCullum. The incident forced Dhoni to warn Sreesanth against such happenings. He said that the pacer should not cross a few “boundaries”. “There are certain boundaries that you should not get too personal with a player. If these guidelines are followed, I am quite happy with it. More often than not, it is the batsman and Sreesanth who know exactly what is going on,” Dhoni said. “If you want to irritate someone that should be the opposition and not your side,” the captain said referring to the 28-year-old pacer, whose latest outburst came just four days after he went face-to-face with Australian skipper Ricky Ponting. Sreesanth had made a gesture of an ‘L’ with his thumb and forefinger to imply ‘Loser’. Dhoni publicly warned Sreesanth, who was a late call-up to the Indian World Cup squad in place of the injured Praveen Kumar. The captain said he had no issues with Sreesanth’s behaviour as long as he keeps the aggression within limits. “Till he does both these things, I am really happy to let him do whatever he wants to do,” Dhoni said.last_img read more

a month agoMan Utd boss Solskjaer: I was right to offload Lukaku and Alexis

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd boss Solskjaer: I was right to offload Lukaku and Alexisby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he was right to offload Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez to Inter Milan.Last night, Mason Greenwood underlined his huge potential with the only goal at Old Trafford as United secured a 1-0 win against Astana in Thursday’s Group L opener.Put to Solskjaer that you have to be brave to play a 17-year-old having not replaced high-profile players like Sanchez and Lukaku, the United boss said: “For me, it was the right decision.”Because I think for the club and for him, I think he’s going to be important for us this season.”He’s not played a lot so far but he’ll get his minutes and he’ll grow and develop.” last_img read more

Alabama 5-Star RB Commit Damien Harris Responds To Twitter Hater, “We’ll Still Beat Tennessee”

first_imgThe week of National Signing Day is not a good time for a recruit to be on Twitter. This is typically when the trolls will be at their most frivolous, telling 17-and-18-year-old prospects how dumb they are for deciding to attend a certain university. A Tennessee fan, @ChooChooTrain00, spent much of Friday morning tweeting at five-star running back Damien Harris, an Alabama commit. The user criticized Harris’ decision to play for the Crimson Tide, telling him he’ll be riding the bench for the duration of his career in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Harris decided to respond to the hater, letting him know what will happen when Alabama faces his beloved Volunteers. @DHx34 thats what it will feel like workin that bama bench for 4 years. U got about 6 5 star rb and 5 5 star athletes ahead of you.— Shua Johnson (@ChooChooTrain00) February 6, 2015This is Harris’ response, which he later deleted. Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 1.52.42 PMAlabama has defeated Tennessee eight years in a row. The Crimson Tide and the Volunteers will meet this fall on Oct. 24 at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa.last_img read more

Video: Colin Cowherd Is Unhappy That Coach K Lied About Dillon Brooks Exchange

first_imgColin Cowherd calls out Alabama on ESPN.COLIN cowherd alabama walmartSince Duke’s Sweet 16 loss to Oregon on Thursday night, there’s been plenty of chatter about Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski’s conversation with Oregon’s Dillon Brooks and his initial denial that he reprimanded Brooks for hitting a meaningless three-pointer in the final seconds to make the score 82-68. Krzyzewski apologized over the weekend for not being truthful about his exchange with Brooks but there were some who still felt disappointed with what he did. Count Fox Sports’ Colin Cowherd among them. Cowherd spoke on his show today and said he felt “bummed” that Krzyzewski lied, saying he had held the coach to a higher standard. [email protected] is really bummed Coach K lied. #HerdHerehttps://t.co/YqgW96nm4p— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) March 28, 2016Does Cowherd have a point here?last_img read more

Aisha Tyler To Host Gracie Awards Gala

first_imgAlliance for Women in Media Foundation (AWMF) is pleased to announce Aisha Tyler, co-host of “The Talk” on CBS, will serve as Host of the 39th Annual Gracie Awards Gala on Tuesday, May 20, 2014, at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles.The Gracie Awards (also known as “the Gracies”) recognize exemplary programming created for women, by women, and about women in all facets of media, including radio, television, cable and digital media. The awards program also encourages the realistic and multifaceted portrayal of women in entertainment, news, features and other programs.“The Alliance for Women in Media Foundation advances the influence and impact of women in all forms of media, and Aisha Tyler embodies this goal perfectly. From network television to cable, from actor to author, from podcasts to best-selling books, Aisha showcases her talents in an impressive variety of media,” said AWMF Chair Kay Olin. “We are delighted that Aisha is hosting this year’s Gracies Awards Gala.”Says Aisha, “It’s truly been an impressive year for women in all media. I’m very much looking forward to celebrating all that women have accomplished. However, no one’s getting an award for that Kimye Vogue cover if I have anything to say about it. Hashtag #yawn.”Aisha Tyler is an actress, comedian, author and podcaster. She is currently co-host of the hit CBS daytime talker “The Talk.” “The Talk” launched its fourth season to record ratings, garnering five Emmy nominations and three wins and was recently renewed for a fifth season. Aisha also voices superspy Lana Kane on FX’s edgy hit comedy “Archer,” which has won the Television Critics’ Choice Award for best animated show two years in a row and was just renewed for an additional two seasons. In the summer of 2013 Aisha joined the CW reboot of the improv classic “Whose Line Is It Anyway” taking over for Drew Carey as host. The show was an instant hit, and its second season debut gave The CW its highest rating for that time slot in three years, beating Fox for the hour and matching ABC in demos.Aisha is the creator, producer and host of the hit podcast “Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler.” “A show about stuff guys love brought to you by the ultimate guy’s girl,” “Girl on Guy” was named a “best new comedy podcast” by iTunes and is approaching a landmark ten million downloads. Her latest book, “Self Inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation” debuted July 2013 on the “New York Times” bestseller list.Aisha recently guested on ABC’s hugely successful “Modern Family”, and has guested on multiple hit shows, including “Friends,” “24,” “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” “Nip/Tuck,” “Glee,” “Ghost Whisperer,” and more. She is a favorite on talk shows from “Letterman” to “The Tonight Show” to “The Late, Late Show,” and continually tours nationwide performing stand up comedy.Aisha is deeply dedicated to charity and volunteerism, serving on the board of Planned Parenthood, directing a film to benefit wounded warriors, acting as spokesperson for the American Red Cross, and fundraising for Doctors Without Borders, Futures Without Violence and the International Rescue Committee.The Gracies are presented by the Alliance for Women in Media Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the Alliance for Women in Media that supports educational programs, charitable activities, public service campaigns and scholarships to benefit the public, the electronic media and allied fields. The Gracie Awards, established in 1975, honors programming and individuals of the highest caliber in all facets of radio, television, cable and digital media, including news, drama, comedy, commercials, public service, documentary and sports.The event is made possible through the generous support of the following sponsors: Hair Care Sponsor: Sexy Hair and Automotive Sponsor: Ford | Lincoln. President’s Circle Sponsors: CNN, Cox Media Group, Crown Media Family Networks, NBC Entertainment & Universal Television, and NBC Sports Group. Producer Sponsors: HBO, Katz Media Group, National Association of Broadcasters, National Cable & Telecommunications Association and “The Wall Street Journal.” Sponsored tables are available by contacting the Alliance for Women in Media Foundation at 703-506-3290.For more information about the 2014 Gracies, click here.last_img read more

McClean helps homeless in his hometown

first_imgThe Republic of Ireland footballer has paid for four persons to stay in a hotel in the city of LondonderryRepublic of Ireland player James McClean believes in giving back to life after his success in the national team and in Stoke City.The winger and his wife, have paid for hotel and food for four people in the city of Londonderry.“James text me on Sunday evening out of the blue and asked me to do him a favor,” McClean’s father Patrick told BBC News NI.declan rice, england, West ham UnitedReport: England’s Rice gets death threats George Patchias – September 9, 2019 England International Declan Rice has received death threats.Rice a one time Ireland International, switched allegiances only this year. The West Ham United man played for…“You never know with James what he will ask.”“He wanted to know about the homeless situation back in Derry, and I told him there seemed to be a rise in the number of people you can see sleeping rough,” he added.“James said ‘I have booked four rooms, can you go and gather whoever needs a bed for a few nights’.”“There was absolute shock and disbelief on their faces, they were so pleased that a complete stranger would do this for them,” Patrick said.last_img read more

Russian River Sanctuary Opens Early For Sport Fishing

first_imgJuly 15 – August 20, 2019:fly-fishing-only waters;Sockeye or coho salmon16 inches or longer; 3 per day, 6 in possession in combination, of which only 1 per day, 1 in possession may be a coho salmonLess than 16 inches in length, 10 per day, 10 in possession; This regulatory change is effective 8:00am, Wednesday, June 12 through 11:59pm, Sunday, July 14. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska Department of Fish and Game has announced the opening of the Russian River Sanctuary area early for anglers to sport fish for sockeye salmon. Anglers please note that the Russian River Sanctuary Area is Area B in the map below. For addition information on the Upper Kenai River and Russian River Confluence Area, please review page 60 of the 2019 Southcentral Alaska Sport Fishing Regulations Summary booklet.center_img Anglers are reminded, after August 20, the retention of sockeye salmon is prohibited in this area. The following sockeye salmon regulations apply for the Russian River Sanctuary area:June 12 – July 14, 2019:Sockeye salmon16 inches or greater in length; 3 per day, 6 in possessionLess than 16 inches in length, 10 per day, 10 in possessionlast_img read more